COVID-19 guidelines for WSOC 2022
Here’s info and guidelines for WSOC 2022 and for COVID-19 testing.
Note please! Now that the rules for entering to Finland have changed, there is no need for extra test to get accreditation in WSOC, JWSOC
Travelling to Finland
The competition preparations are going ahead according to the schedule. If you’re travelling to Finland for WSOC 2022, remember to check up-to-date travel information, restrictions and possible requirements.
For up-to-date info on the COVID-19’s effects on traveling to and from Finland:
Please check the Finnish Border Guard’s website. Note that this is the site, where you can find accurate information about entering and exiting Finland.
For a quick review on the current restrictions in border traffic:
Please check Finnair’s Travel Requirements Map. Remember that restrictions can change very rapidly and aren’t updated to the map so quickly.
REMEMBER to check these before travel:
– the Finnish Border Guard’s website (above)
– your own government’s travel restriction
Travelling from outside the EU or the Schengen area?
There are special regulations for countries that do not belong to the EU or the Schengen area:
- The organizers need to know the traveling schedule of teams entering outside the EU or the Schengen area in advance! This is a must!
- Send the travel information (schedule and route information) to firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday the 7th of March the latest!
- Passenger must carry a copy of this a special group permit.
- This permit will be provided to you by the WSOC 2022 organizers.
- The permit must be presented at the border check. It is also recommended to provide passenger an invitation in the name of the hosting company or entity.
- For more info about the special group permit, read below
More info about the special group permit
The Finnish Border Guard has processed application for the special group permit to arrive in Finland outside of EU and Schengen area and the special permit (pre-enrolment) has been granted for a single entry for athletes and team members who do not fulfil vaccination and certificate requirements. It is important to follow current COVID -19 protocols guided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL, www.thl.fi)
This special permit does not remove the obligation to fulfill general conditions of entry to Finland (such as a valid travel document and a visa for those from whom it is required). In external border traffic and where internal border control has been reinstated, the decision to allow entry is always made during border checks.
Passenger must carry a copy of this approved special group permit. The permit must be presented at the border check. It is also recommended to provide passenger an invitation in the name of the hosting company or entity.